Since the early days of Ambit when Damien and I experienced an unusual amount of success while not living in and (at least for the first few years) rarely traveling to deregulated areas, people always asked us the question, “How do you do it?”
The vast majority of what we do is the same as everybody else, but the secret weapon has always been EnergyGoldRush (EGR).
Before we look forward with a sneak peek at some of the super exciting you can expect to see with EGR over the next few weeks and months, we got to reminiscing and realized there were a few lessons in the evolution of how it got started and evolved into what we have today…
It started in January of 2007 as nothing more than a landing page I made for myself to make prospecting more efficient. With some simple text about the opportunity and a form to collect prospects information before sending them to more information, it wasn’t pretty but it did the job I wanted it to do. As word got around, people wanted to use EGR for their own prospecting and so for a simple $25 setup fee to cover my time, I would manually replicate a site for anyone who requested it.
Throughout 2007 as more and more people requested EGR sites, we began to receive feedback that some aesthetic work was needed. The feedback was worded constructively, but the simple truth is that EGR was ugly. We spent a ton of time and some significant money giving it a face-lift and raised the one time setup charge to $35.
By 2010 the number of EGR had grown into the hundreds, we quickly realized the need to move EGR from a simple site that I manually created one by one myself to a replicating system similar to how Ambit replicates our distributor sites so that it wasn’t so time intensive. Many thousands of dollars later we had our first major upgrade to the WordPress platform and at the same time the EGR landing page was redesigned to accommodate videos which had been a longstanding goal of my own and something highly requested by users. At this point we raised the cost to $50/year.
In 2011 we rolled out the first version of the 5 Minute Video which quickly became one of the most popular methods of introducing prospects to Ambit Energy
In 2012 we rolled out the second version of the EGR 5 Minute Video which improved upon the polish, delivery and content of the original. We also rolled out a full length 18 minute presentation video.
In Late 2012 we made a hefty, 5 figure investment to completely overhauled the technology that runs and replicates EGR to a custom programmed platform giving us 100% flexibility to innovate and improve the system moving forward. In launching this new platform we offered one final opportunity to get an EGR site for a yearly discounted rate of $60/year.
January 1, 2013 began the modern era for EGR and with it the price went to $10/month. We’re very proud that with every major improvement and price change we always grandfathered in all subscribers so as long as you stay active, you will always pay the price you joined at. This means if you were one of those extremely lucky few in the early years who only paid a one time setup charge, you are good to go forever. If you are one of the very fortunate to be grandfathered in at a yearly rate of $50 or $60, you will always renew at that rate.
2013 has been a busy year with a number of improvements and upgrades, including…
- Q1 – Rolled out Texas version of EGR 5 Min Intro video
- Q1 – Rolled out Texas version of EGR 18 Min Presentation video
- Q2 – Added a ticketing support system to help answer questions and fix problems you have with your site.
- Q3 – Added the EGR Training System which is where you guide your new consultants after they sign up so they can go through a step by step training system designed specifically to give them a realistic and specific gameplan to hit Regional Consultant in their first 30 days. See a demonstration training page @ www.demo.EnergyGoldRush.com/training
- Q2 – Added a leads archive page so you can see the people who have gone through your EGR site in case you missed the email
- Q2 – Closed captioned all EGR videos
- Q3 – Added the new corporate videos released at Ambition 2013 as video options within EGR
- Q3 – Added energy401k.com and electricannuity.com as optional domain URLs to the EGR system! Ok I know that sounded like Greek to many of you. As an example, my site is www.free.energygoldrush.com, but now www.free.energy401k.com & www.free.electricannuity.com will also take people to the same place! This gives you some more simple options when communicating your website address over the phone and also when emailing. Also we have found that the word “goldrush” can trigger some email spam filters thus sending your email communication to prospects bulk folder so when emailing it’s probably best to use one of the newer options
- Q4 – Last but certainly not least, the biggest development (and the biggest investment) in the history of EnergyGoldRush… The ALL NEW 5 Minute Intro. This video features a diverse background of 9 speakers delivering the most powerful 5 minute introduction to Ambit Energy you’ve ever seen. Special thanks to Greg Henzel, Stacey, Tracey, Mark Hicks, Ingrid Yardley, Chanan Oxenhandler, Cesar/Sonya Baffoni, Alfredo Duenas and Steve Thompson who made this possible.
2014 is going to be epic in terms of EGR upgrades and improvements. Here is a list of what you can expect to see in Q1 alone…
- The all new EGR 5 Minute video will be available in Spanish and Closed Captioned versions coming early January
- A full 15 Minute Presentation will be produced in the same style and with the same cast of diverse presenters as the recently released all new 5 Minute Intro video. This video will also be done in Spanish and Closed Captioned versions.
- New URL Extensions… We can’t make an promises but we’ve put in some serious bids on new domain extensions being made available in 2014… how cool would it be to email your prospects a link looking like this… www.username.energy.guru! Once again no guarantees, but this is one of the domains we’re bidding on.
- New tracking features detailing each of your prospects visit to your site. This improves your ability to:
- See when and how long prospects spend on your site along with how much of the video they’ve seen.
- Based on IP address you can look up the location of where your visitors are coming from so even if they did not fill in the form, you may be able to know if that prospect you sent to the website actually did go there.
- Full multi-lingual site design which will roll out immediately with ability for prospects to toggle back and forth between English and Spanish just like Ambit corporate sites.
We can assure you these are not the only improvements you will see in 2014, just the ones you will see in Q1. Here are a few more we’ll be rolling out in Q2…
- Complete optimization for mobile devices. Right now EGR works on the majority of mobile devices but in 2014 we will be completely overhauling the layout to eliminate all mobile incompatibilities.
- Newly optimized landing page with delayed form box will be made available as an option which means that prospects will not even see a form to fill out until the 5 Minute Intro video is complete.
So there is your sneak peek at what’s to come with EGR in 2014, I hope you are 1/10th as excited as we are!
The bottom line…
We are 100% committed to reinvesting and developing EGR into the most effective, efficient and powerful prospecting and duplication tool in the entire industry of network marketing. Since we already have the best opportunity in the industry of network marketing, you my friend are in the right place at the right time.
2014 is the year to build it bigger, faster and have more fun than ever before!
Stay tuned, the upgrades we’ve hinted at will be rolling out very soon…
Shawn Cornett & EnergyGoldRush Team
P.S. If you are on a yearly renewal, remember to keep your card up to date and EGR site active so you can continue your “grandfathered” status. This way you will always renew at the discounted yearly rate you joined, which in most cases is either $50 or $60 per year versus the current rate of $10/month.